Monday, July 30, 2007

Movie Watching Binge

I went on a movie watching binge this weekend. Starting from Saturday afternoon till Sunday midnight I saw the following movies.

No End in Sight (documentary about the iraq war)
Sweet Smell of Success (Dir: Alexander Mackendrick)
Crash (Dir: David Cronenberg)
The Two of Us (French, Dir: Claude Berri)

The Woman in the Window (Dir: Fritz Lang)
Laura (Dir: Otto Preminger)
Au Hasard Balthazar (Dir: Robert Bresson)
Mouchette (Dir: Robert Bresson)
Nights of Cabiria (Dir: Federico Fellini)

Had seen the last four before but since I had free access to the MOMA I went ahead and saw all of them again. It was good, specially Nights of Cabiria, many details of which I had forgotten. The noir films are part of the NYC Noir revival being screened at the filmforum.

No comments: