Monday, February 04, 2008

Louise Dombrowski

Louise Dombrowski dancing with a flash light. From Twin Peaks. The girl playing her is Emily Fincher, the sister of the now-famous director. The imdb says it is only role to date, so it is unlikely one would ever know what she looks like! She was actually director's assistant. This scene was not originally in the script but they just made it up and shot it on the set. I love how Jerry speaks, "Lord, What's become of us!" One scene out of nowhere and a couple of rogues, villains and idiots are humanized, even made to look tragic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've uploaded this one to youtube. The overall nostalgia in this clip makes my eyes teary :)

Alok said...

Oh, thanks a lot and same here! I was so glad to know that there are other people too who remember this scene.

Anonymous said...

These days I'm watching Twin Peaks for the first time, well, this scene is an emotional masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

I think the same as others before. When someone is seeing the series - or just the episode in which this part is - the scene comes so suddenly, catches you unexpectedly right at the moment and all the bad or evil things these Hornes had made before are dissolved in such a nostalgic memory that - I think - everyone has who ever had a brother or sister. And with the fantastic music it the background it asks the question that one would ask from his/her brother/sister: "Do you remember...?"

After this scene I really started to feel sorry for Ben & Jerry.