Thursday, October 13, 2005

To Go or Not to Go?

The Music Box Theatre ("Chicago's year round film-festival") is organising a twenty-four hour non-stop horror movie marathon. It starts this Saturday afternoon and will continue through all night to next day afternoon. The line-up includes mostly nasty exploitation/B-movies, which I don't always find fascinating, but there are some on the list which I really wanted to see. One is Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Pulse. It came in early nineties and pre-dates those genre-making J-Horror films like Ringu and Dark Water. David Cronenberg's Scanners is also on the list although I have heard this is not as good as his other early horror films like The Brood or Shivers. There is also the classic silent film of German expressionism Nosferatu (which I have seen, but on a faulty video projection). I haven't heard of other movies but by their descriptions they sure look like pretty nasty ones.

Check out the entire listing here.

No comments: