Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Just some plain vanilla links...

an interview with Lars von Trier in the latest film comment.

arguably one of the worst films ever made, Paul Verhoeven's Showgirls, which has now become a camp-classic is celebrating its tenth anniversary today. The film blogosphere is abuzz with all the excitement. I haven't seen the film yet but I think I should catch it soon :)

And just to make sure that I don't hate hindi movies, here is an interesting article on Amitabh Bachchan in the same magazine, although from an old edition. Nothing new here but interesting since it is written from an "outsider's" perspective.

2 comments:

km said...

The jury's still out on Showgirls. I guess in another 10 years, that film will be compared to Citizen Kane ;)

I remember seeing "Robocop" in a seedy theatre in India so many years ago...what the hell happened to Verhoeven?

krishna

Alok said...

Should I say amen to that ? :)

I don't know how I would react to Robocop or Total Recall now. I remember getting all excited about the lurid spectacle and action on the screen when I saw those films. But that was ages ago !