Wednesday, February 14, 2007

David Lynch in London

David Lynch is now on London tour with his Inland Empire. The Guardian has a transcript of the interview conducted at the NFT. Has this interesting information in particular.. he asks his polish visitors, "if they could get me nude women at night to photograph." (the film has some scenes of nude polish prostitutes singing pop songs!)

Q10: What is it about Poland that made you decide to film Inland Empire there, and with Polish actors as well?

DL: A car arrived and five or six guys get out and come into my house. And they're from Lodz, Poland, and they say they're from the Camerimage film festival. They're the greatest bunch, these guys who run the festival, the hardest workers. They've been putting on this festival for 14 or 15 years now, on their own against all odds and it gets bigger and bigger every year. Really beautiful. They invited me over there and I asked them if I went there, because I heard there were factories, so I asked if they could get me into factories so that I could photograph, and if they could get me nude women at night to photograph.

Also some video excerpts from the interview.

More posts on Lynch coming up. Last Sunday I saw Lynch's Dune adaptation, a disaster but a very interesting disaster. Will write about it later. I have also caught hold of his new book "Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness and Creativity". I am not really into all this but still it is David Lynch...

I also wanted to link to this great post on house next door. It is a fantastic discussion on cinema and new technologies, specially digital video. They discuss David Lynch in detail too.

No comments: